pH Correction Units
The pH value of water determines whether water alkaline or acidic. The pH of your water should be between 6.5 – 9.5. Water with a lower value than 6.5 is considered acidic & can be corrosive. Should your pH level be lower than 6.5 we can recommend a product that will neutralise the acid in your water. A Calcide Unit will correct your pH level to an appropriate neutral level. The Calcide will dissolve into your water and you top it up when empty.
With a low level pH in your water, it is likely to;
* Leach metals from pipes and fixtures, such as copper, iron, lead, manganese & zinc.
* Cause damage to metal pipes.
* Cause a metallic or sour taste.
* Can effect Hair Colour (Highlights to turn green).
* Cause Blue-Green stains on sinks and drains.
PH Correction Filters
- How can I correct ph levels?
PH with a lower level then 7.0 is acidic water and must be treated to make it safe. We can make the ph safe by running the acidic water through a filter which is loaded with a specific media which when the water comes into contact with it will react and boost the ph level. It will stop reacting when the ph level gets to 7.0 – 7.2.
- What maintenance do they require?
The media will need to be topped up every 12 months and must be done by an experienced technician.