Doulton Water Filters
Doulton Water Filters have now been manufactured for over 185 years, at this time it was discovered that filtering water through a porous ceramic could stop people becoming sick from cholera and other water-borne diseases. This was a major revelation in the process of water treatment. Whilst we have advanced and moved on from these days the principles of the Doulton ceramic filters remains the same, providing safe, healthy, great-tasting drinking water wherever and whenever you need it. The superb range of Doulton water filters are currently used in over 150 countries to provide clean, safe drinking water to millions of households everyday.
Doulton filters are designed to convert raw, or untreated water into high quality drinking water 100% naturally.
Celtic Water Solutions supplies all Doulton Ceramic and duo water filters and cartridges at competitive prices.
Why choose a ceramic water filter?
The general of thumb is, the smaller the pore size of a filter and the more complicated the path the water takes through the filter medium, the more effective it is at removing particles from the water. A ceramic has a small and complex pore structure, making it an ideal filter medium. The pore structure of the Doulton ceramic drinking water filters is accurately controlled. This expertise gives the candles the highly consistent pore structure necessary to remove a wide range of contaminants over the life of a filter.
Doulton Ceramic Filters have taken ceramic filter technology to the next level;
- Highly effective barrier to particles and pathogens, Doulton water filters have an accurately controlled pore structure which has an Absolute filtration rating. As a result of this absolute filtration rating the Doulton ceramic is capable of filtering sub-micron particles and pathogenic bacteria from drinking water.
- Experience the difference that drinking healthy water could make to you, Doulton filters offer you bottled water quality on tap 24 hours a day. The unique ceramic filtration technology produces drinking water of unrivalled quality.
- Natural, the ceramic is made from 100% natural earths and uses coconut shell carbon.
- Enhanced anti-bacterial properties, the ceramic filter contains trace elements of silver to inhibit microbiological growth within the ceramic element.
- Retains essential minerals, Using a Doulton ceramic drinking filter does not remove minerals which are beneficial to ones health. The ceramics are made from 100% natural elements. They do not add anything to the water being filtered.
- No power required, Doulton ceramic drinking water filters do not require electricity to function
The Duolton Duo is a two stage water filtration system. Consisting of two chambers, the DUP can be fitted with a combination of water treatment cartridges and ceramic filters to treat a wide range of water conditions.
Stage 1 – First Chamber
Water Treatment Cartridges Doulton water treatment cartridges allow the removal of additional contaminants from your drinking water, providing you with the flexibility to customize your requirements;
Sediment & Particle Pre Filter; In areas of high sediment, fitting a Doulton pre filter in the first chamber of the DUO will remove sediment and particles down to 5 microns in size, it also protects the ceramic filter candle in Stage 2.
Cleansoft Pre Filter; Protect against the damaging effects of hard water by using the Doulton Cleansoft limesclae reduction cartridge. This will reduce hardness in drinking water and the unpleasant chalky taste that hard water can have. Cleansoft will improve limescale build up in kettles and the film which can form on the surface of hot drinks.
Fluoride Pre Filter; The fluoride reduction cartridge reduces unwanted naturally occurring and added fluoride to safe levels in your mains supplied drinking water.
Stage 2 – Second Chamber
Ceramic Filter Candle; The second chamber of the DUO houses the ceramic filter candle. Selection of the most appropriate grade of candle allows filter performance to be matched to the requirements of the local water conditions.
Supercarb; The Supercarb grage of candle is fitted with an activated carbon block. Among other things, activated carbon is very effective at removing chlorine and organics from water.
Ultracarb; The Ultracarb ceramic filter candle has all the benefits of the Supercarb with additional heavy metal reduction for the removal of toxic lead.
Connections; 3/8” push fit inlet and outlet suitable for connection to flexible plastic pipe.
Flow Rate; Typically 240 litres/hour @ 60psi (4bar) supply pressure, this will depend on the combination of filter elements fitted. For optimal efficiency a flow rate of 2 litres per minute is recommended.
Working Pressure Range; 0.7 bar (10psi) – 6 bar (90psi)