Stay Hydrated With Clean Water
Hints for good hydration:
The human body can survive 35 days without food, but only 5 days without water.
- Our bodies consist of up to 80% water – we require 8 glasses of water a day to remain well hydrated. This is supported by many doctors and nutritionists.
- Start off the day with two glasses of water before you consume anything else. It’ll get a quarter of your daily requirement and help you start the day on a healthy note.
- Don’t use thirst as a measure of whether to drink water or not. Our thirst mechanism lags behind so by the time you feel thirsty your body fluids have already dipped.
Ample intake of pure water can assist in:
• The prevention of premature ageing
• Speeding up the recovery from illness
• Reducing the risk of cancer & high blood pressure
• Alleviating fatigue to the liver, kidneys and heart
• Reducing the risk of birth defects
• Controlling body temperature
• Weight loss
• Aiding muscle tone and flexibility
• Nourishing dehydrated skin
• Reducing the problem of water retention
• Removing toxins from the body
• Good blood circulation